Balderstone Parish Council Vacancy – Part-time Parish Clerk – Approximately 2 hours per week
The Clerk to the Council will be required to:
- Attend all formal meetings of the Council and prepare the minutes thereof.
- Dispatch promptly all notices, letters and other documents, as the business of the Council shall require.
- Attend all such meetings and conferences as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of the Clerk or as the Council shall reasonably require.
- Keep safely and conveniently in secure but accessible custody all deeds, plans, records, letters, writings and other documents of or concerning the Council or its staff, ensuring adequate insurance cover for all books and records.
- Keep all financial records of the Parish Council, including bank statements, receipts, make payments of invoices, payroll including PAYE and VAT and act as the Council’s Responsible Finance Officer.
- Assist with Office Management Services to the Parish Councillors.
- Update Parish website and Parish notice boards as required.
- Salary to be discussed at interview. For an application pack please look at Parish Council website : https://www.balderstone.org/ or contact: Parish Council Interim Acting ClerkTeresa Taylor, 6 Chatburn Avenue, Clitheroe BB7 2AU
Closing Date for applications to be submitted: 5.00pm Friday 27th March 2020Interview Date for shortlisted candidates: to be arranged for the week commencing Monday 13th April 2020Please note that this Interview Date may need to be re-arranged, due to Coronavirus situation