Balderstone Parish Council Vacancy – Part-time Parish Clerk – Approximately 2 hours per week
The Clerk to the Council will be required to:
- Attend all formal meetings of the Council and prepare the minutes thereof.
- Dispatch promptly all notices, letters and other documents, as the business of the Council shall require.
- Attend all such meetings and conferences as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of the Clerk or as the Council shall reasonably require.
- Keep safely and conveniently in secure but accessible custody all deeds, plans, records, letters, writings and other documents of or concerning the Council or its staff, ensuring adequate insurance cover for all books and records.
- Keep all financial records of the Parish Council, including bank statements, receipts, make payments of invoices, payroll including PAYE and VAT and act as the Council’s Responsible Finance Officer.
- Assist with Office Management Services to the Parish Councillors.
- Update Parish website and Parish notice boards as required.
- Salary to be discussed at interview. For an application pack please look at Parish Council website : https://www.balderstone.org/ or contact: Parish Council Interim Acting ClerkTeresa Taylor, 6 Chatburn Avenue, Clitheroe BB7 2AU
Closing Date for applications to be submitted: 5.00pm Friday 27th March 2020Interview Date for shortlisted candidates: to be arranged for the week commencing Monday 13th April 2020Please note that this Interview Date may need to be re-arranged, due to Coronavirus situation
Residents and businesses in Ribble Valley are invited to have their say on future housing provision and economic growth in the borough.
The borough’s Strategic Housing and Economic Needs Assessment outlines the number of new dwellings Ribble Valley will need in order to meet housing demand and support job growth.
Public consultation is an important part of the assessment, which will inform an update of the borough’s Core Strategy.
Consultant Turley Associates has assessed many factors using new Government guidelines to calculate the borough’s housing need.
Now residents, businesses and industry are invited to have their say on the draft assessment, before the final document is produced.
The draft assessment can be viewed at Evidence Updates 2019 onwards or the Ribble Valley Borough Council Offices in Church Walk, Clitheroe, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. It can also be viewed at Clitheroe, Longridge and Mellor libraries, and the Longridge Old Station Buildings.
Comments should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to SHENA Consultation, Forward Planning Team, Ribble Valley Borough Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2RA.
The deadline for responses is 5pm on Monday 18 November, and further details are available from Ribble Valley Borough Council’s forward planning team on 01200 425111.