Balderstone Parish Council holds meetings four time a year usually in March, June, September and November. The AGM when the officers are elected takes place immediately before the normal meeting that occurs in May/June. The meetings are held at Mellor Brook Community Centre, BB2 7PR starting at 8:00pm. Meetings are open to the public and there is always an item on the agenda when members of the public can raise any issues that concern them. More info..
Balderstone Parish Council Vacancy – Part-time Parish Clerk – Approximately 2 hours per week
The Clerk to the Council will be required to:
- Attend all formal meetings of the Council and prepare the minutes thereof.
- Dispatch promptly all notices, letters and other documents, as the business of the Council shall require.
- Attend all such meetings and conferences as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of the Clerk or as the Council shall reasonably require.
- Keep safely and conveniently in secure but accessible custody all deeds, plans, records, letters, writings and other documents of or concerning the Council or its staff, ensuring adequate insurance cover for all books and records.
- Keep all financial records of the Parish Council, including bank statements, receipts, make payments of invoices, payroll including PAYE and VAT and act as the Council’sResponsible Finance Officer.
- Assist with Office Management Services to the Parish Councillors.
- Update Parish website and Parish notice boards as required.
- Salary to be discussed at interview.
- For an application pack please look at Parish Council website : https://www.balderstone.org/
or contact: Parish Council ChairmanJohn Evans, 43 Branch Road, Mellor Brook, Blackburn. BB2 7NY
Closing Date for applications to be submitted: 5.00pm Monday 11th November 2019 Interview Date for shortlisted candidates: Wednesday 4th December 2019