Balderstone Parish Council holds meetings four time a year usually in March, June, September and November. The AGM when the officers are elected takes place immediately before the normal meeting that occurs in May. The meetings are held at Mellor Brook Community Centre, BB2 7PR starting at 8:00pm. Meetings are open to the public and there is always an item on the agenda when members of the public can raise any issues that concern them. More info..
From yesterday we went live with Ribble Valley Community Hub. The hub will be aimed at residents/ businesses within the Borough who need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak
We have set up a dedicated phone number to help the most vulnerable people in our community who are facing difficulties, worries and loneliness as a result of Coronavirus- this will be manned by Council staff
We will be working in partnership with residents, businesses, partners and the voluntary sector to provide free help and support with everyday needs such as:
- • Obtaining food parcels
- • Collecting prescriptions
- • Preventing loneliness
- • Housing advice
- • Financial and debt advice
- • Help with shopping
- • Meals on Wheels
This helpline is available for:
- residents that may need additional support during the outbreak
- those wanting to volunteer their time and services to help those in need in their local community.
- local businesses seeking advice or the latest Government information
Anyone needing support can call 01200 414597 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
There are also online forms which can be completed by both those requesting help and those seeking volunteering opportunities:
- Ask for help and support
- Volunteer your time and services
We know that lots of people and businesses are already doing everything they can and are making a huge difference in the most difficult times- if you are aware of any existing support groups/ people needing support please can you direct them to our web-site where all the information will be found: https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/info/200394/council_news/1741/coronavirus_covid-19/3
Nicola Hopkins | Director of Economic Development and Planning
Balderstone Parish Council Vacancy – Part-time Parish Clerk – Approximately 2 hours per week
The Clerk to the Council will be required to:
- Attend all formal meetings of the Council and prepare the minutes thereof.
- Dispatch promptly all notices, letters and other documents, as the business of the Council shall require.
- Attend all such meetings and conferences as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of the Clerk or as the Council shall reasonably require.
- Keep safely and conveniently in secure but accessible custody all deeds, plans, records, letters, writings and other documents of or concerning the Council or its staff, ensuring adequate insurance cover for all books and records.
- Keep all financial records of the Parish Council, including bank statements, receipts, make payments of invoices, payroll including PAYE and VAT and act as the Council’s Responsible Finance Officer.
- Assist with Office Management Services to the Parish Councillors.
- Update Parish website and Parish notice boards as required.
- Salary to be discussed at interview. For an application pack please look at Parish Council website : https://www.balderstone.org/ or contact: Parish Council Interim Acting ClerkTeresa Taylor, 6 Chatburn Avenue, Clitheroe BB7 2AU
Closing Date for applications to be submitted: 5.00pm Friday 27th March 2020Interview Date for shortlisted candidates: to be arranged for the week commencing Monday 13th April 2020Please note that this Interview Date may need to be re-arranged, due to Coronavirus situation