About Balderstone Parish Council
- The seven Parish Councillors are elected for a four year term of office.
- Parish Council meetings take place four times a year in Mellor Brook Community Centre.
- An Annual General Meeting is held once a year and takes place immediately before the normal meeting that occurs in May/June.
- Parishioners are welcome to attend Parish Council meetings.
- Minutes of the Parish Council meetings are displayed on notice boards in the Church, Community Centre and on this Web Site.
- There is a Parish Council Notice Board in Mellor Brook on the gable end of the Fielden Arms Hotel for official and general information.
- The Parish Council has an annual budget of approximately £1000.
- The budget covers part-time Clerk’s salary, insurance, audit fees, donations to charities and worthy causes (usually those with a local dimension).
What the Parish Council Does.
- Endeavours to look after the interests of all residents by taking a balanced and impartial view.
- Follows up matters raised by residents.
- Submits comments to Ribble Valley Borough Council (RVBC) on planning applications.
- Liases with Lancashire County Council (LCC) regarding road signs, conditions of roads and drainage.
- Liases with RVBC on matters such as footpaths, unlawful tipping, untidiness and breaches of planning approval conditions.
- Has representation at RVBC Parish Council Liaison Committee meetings.
- Submits responses to RVBC on consultative and draft documentations.
- Completes a range of questionnaires.
- Responds to requests for information and local views.